In my years of experience as a holistic health practitioner, I have seen more people successfully support their thyroid health naturally than any other area of their health. It is very possible and not very difficult!
And it’s VERY important to do PROACTIVELY and PREVENTATIVELY as so many health issues could be avoided with supporting thyroid health this way!
Your thyroid gland is responsible for maintaining so many functions of your body including metabolism, body temperature, and so much more.
Here are some of the most helpful supplements I have found to help ensuring healthy thyroid function:
Thyroid Mineral Support
First and foremost, naturally supporting thyroid health means three main minerals: iodine, selenium, and zinc. This is why I worked with a supplement manufacturer to create this blend of minerals that includes iodine, selenium, zinc, as well as other nutrients, to support healthy thyroid function. You can click here to learn more about this supplement. (Unfortunately, at this time I am only able to offer this supplement by the case. Case discount is one free bottle and free shipping.)
Whichever supplement one chooses, getting these three minerals is crucial for supporting thyroid health!
NOTE: Brazil nuts are a great source of selenium! 2-4 Brazil nuts per day will provide a day’s worth of selenium (nutrients vary depending on soil grown and other factors).
Thyromin™ is a special blend of porcine glandular extracts, herbs, amino acids, minerals (including iodine), and therapeutic-grade essential oils in a perfectly balanced formula that maximizes nutritional support for healthy thyroid function.* The thyroid gland regulates body metabolism, energy, and body temperature.
*For those with autoimmune thyroid disease, please consult with your healthcare provider before using ANY supplements containing iodine. Those who have Hashimoto’s with thyroid antibodies over 100 should not take supplemental iodine.
**If you choose to avoid pork, you will want to reconsider using this product as it contains porcine extracts.
EndoFlex™ can help men and women maintain overall vitality with a proprietary blend of essential oils that support the endocrine system, thyroid, and prostate.
It contains spearmint which helps support metabolism as well as support the glandular system, sage to strengthen the vital centers of the body, geranium and myrtle to support hormone balance and the thyroid, German Chamomile to support the liver, and nutmeg to support the adrenal glands for energizing the body.
Remember: The thyroid is a part of the entire endocrine system which functions together. In order to support the thyroid, the adrenals and sex hormones must also be supported!
Probiotics, are an essential part of supporting any part of our health! One specific reason why probiotics are important for supporting thyroid health is that some of the thyroid hormones and minerals depend on a healthy gut for helping the body convert and utilize those things.
A whopping 20 percent of thyroid function depends on a sufficient supply of healthy gut bacteria to convert T4 to T3.
My family uses probiotic-rich foods (consuming homemade lacto-fermented vegetables, homemade raw milk kefir, etc. daily) as well as high-quality, allergen-free probiotics that I private label from the manufacturer. (I am only able to offer them by the case at this time. Please click here for more information.)
Master Formula is a full spectrum, multinutrient complex, providing premium vitamins, minerals, and food-based nutriment to support general health and well-being. By utilizing a Synergistic Suspension Isolation process – SSI Technology – ingredients are delivered in three distinct delivery forms. Collectively, these ingredients provide a premium, synergistic complex to support your body.*
• Naturally supports general health and well-being for the body
• Gut flora supporting prebiotics
• Ingredients help neutralize free radicals in the body
• Includes antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other food-based nutriment
• Pre-packaged sachets are convenient to take your vitamins on the go
• SSI Technology delivers ingredients in 3 forms chosen for their complementary properties
Master Formula will help fill in the nutritional gaps of the nutrients needed to support thyroid health, such as selenium and zinc which are CRUCIAL for supporting the thyroid. Master Formula contains more selenium and zinc than many other whole-foods multivitamin formulas out there which I was very excited about as most multivitamins contain inadequate amounts to properly support thyroid health.
(*Important note: Up to 400 mcg of selenium should be taken daily with any iodine supplementation. Please do not take Thyromin without HFFG’s Thyroid Mineral Support or YL’s Master Formula or another source of selenium.)
Thyromin, EndoFlex, and Master Formula are available through Young Living. You can order as a retail customer or as a wholesale member and pay 24% off the retail price. You can click here for more information about the benefits of being a member.
Dietary & Environmental Support for Thyroid Health
There are also some dietary and environmental recommendations that I find to be helpful for everyone wanting to support their thyroid health. These include:
- Avoiding all foods containing soy/soybean oil (Soybean oil is in almost all restaurant foods, most prepackaged foods from everything to salad dressings and chips/crackers to pastries and breads, and more. Read ingredients labels on all foods!) Read this for more info: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/13/soy-controversy-and-health-effects.aspx
- Eliminating gluten: http://chriskresser.com/the-gluten-thyroid-connection/
- Avoid exposure to fluoride (http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/fluoride-and-your-thyroid/ ) (Be sure to check out Young Living’s toothpastes which do not contain fluoride like most toothpastes! Also be sure to check out pharmaceuticals to see if they contain fluoride, such as fluoroquinolone antibiotics. Here is a full list of fluoridated pharmaceuticals: http://www.slweb.org/ftrcfluorinatedpharm.html )
- Reconsider swimming in chlorinated pools and being exposed to other sources of chlorine: http://www.opus.net/water/chlorinated-water-thyroid-disorders/
If you would like to assess where your thyroid health is at, you can click here for more information on the home test panels I offer. Remember–conventional doctors usually only test TSH which is not an accurate indicator by itself of thyroid health. Additionally, they use old parameters that are inaccurate and even dangerous. I offer a personalized analysis and recommendations of test results to those who order home test panels through my website.
Despite what others may tell you, you CAN support your thyroid health naturally!
Blessings of good health,
~Sara Jo Poff, #1565710
Holistic Health Practitioner
Click here to Contact Me.